As we're about to enter the final phase of Hack 'N' Slash Hero, I thought I'd let you have a 'two-for-one' bargain – your weekly story summary and another mega recap! How generous am I? Here's a catch-up from the very beginning of the current adventure:
- Hack 'N' Slash Hero centres around an elite force of interdimensional warriors who are happy to save any world from peril... for a price.
- The realm of Visgarthia has hired the 'Warriors of the Eternal Quest' to rid them of their nemesis, a horde of demonic monsters known as 'The Affliction'.
- Our heroes must find three special abilities, 'The Strength of Ages', so they can defeat this dark enemy – they've just obtained the final of the three, so it's time to face the last chapter of the story...
- Every time one of our heroes is defeated or dies, a new warrior takes their place. The previous hero is transported back to their comrades and waits to see if they will be chosen again for the quest.
- There has been an odd occurrence throughout this adventure; every time one of the 'Strength of Ages' has been obtained, our hero has been transported to a strange alternate dimension, where Hack 'N' Slash Hero is merely a game and the hero is a schoolchild. Very odd...
There's your mega recap – share this with anyone who's interested in joining the game at this late stage – always looking for new players. Now, here's your summary of last week's action:
- You across the river with your Tauk Tauk (who you decide to call Boomer) – the guarrocat doesn't follow you across – phew! You head onwards up the mountain.
- After trekking up the mountain for a long while, Boomer seems to be tiring. You take refuge in a cave, but it turns out to be the lair of a poisonous spine-bear. Using one of your special abilities, you obliterate your opponent.
- After resting in the cave, you continue onwards. Boomer leads you towards what appears to be a dead-end, but it turns out Tauk Tauks can climb up vertical walls! You are ambushed by a winged beast called Dyrunn as you climb, but defeat it and make it to the top.
- Reaching the entrance to a giant cavern, you find the monsters of the Affliction have beaten you to it. You stage a distraction with Boomer's help and kill the monsters. Inside the cavern, you find the final of the 'Strength of Ages', but it's inside a massive stone mouth which demands that you sacrifice a life to obtain it.
- You opt to force a monster into the mouth and thus gain the final ability. A whole horde of dark creatures rushes towards you – will you try out your new ability, or head for the portal that should lead you back to the Arcalith?